Climate Change results from increases in greenhouse gases, like carbon dioxide and methane, trapping heat that would otherwise escape the atmosphere. You can reduce this build-up (and your carbon footprint) by being green! Our checklist has many climate-friendly measures, such as:
· Conserve energy with fluorescent lights and Energy Star equipment
· Reduce waste at the landfill (and methane gas emissions) – recycle, compost, and buy products with recycled content.
· Conserve water (and the energy to deliver it with low-flow toilets and drought tolerant plants.
· Invest in renewable energy with renewable energy credits and solar panels.
· Conserve fuel by taking public transit, your bike or a high MPG vehicle.